Monday, June 1, 2009

The First Ever "I went to a show" post

This blog has never been graced with me actually writing an "event wrap up" post. Now lets be fair its not a very old blog, but I'm also devoted to trying to keep it interesting to anyone who reads it and mostly I think pure business stuff (especially with no pretty pictures) can be boring.

SO I searched Industrial Fairytale on Flickr and lo and behold, Pip Lagenta had already uploaded a photo of my little jewelry set up. It was even early enough in the weekend that there's still some STUFF on it! Thanks Pip!

Maker Faire was incredibly in all ways, and I really wish I'd had time to leave my table for more then a quick dash across the lawn to the bathrooms because there seemed to be lots of incredible things going on. A few very cool Maker's managed to escape THEIR booths and come see me however, and I'm now very excited to have a catalog of tiny solar panel bits and other very small robot parts (Thanks solarbotics!). The faire was very busy and vending went as well as could be imagined, and it was definitely a very fun place to be.

It was also lovely to finally meet some great artists in person with whom I've been exchanging ideas and collaborating with online. And to see some old friends again.

Now, a few days to recover and then, on we roll!

2 comments:

FetishGhost said...

You survived!!!

. c h o k l i t . said...

I'm so glad I got to play with you a bit, even if it was INSANELY busy...