Friday, February 13, 2009

More crochet

So, I have a lot of hobbies. Some of them turn into jobs and thus I have an etsy shop. But crochet remains, thus far, something I only do as a hobby. And I've been spending a fair amount of time on it recently because its nice and relaxing. And because I've got nothing else useful to say here...here is a picture of a crochet tea cup (based on a free pattern and modified to but full of tea with a tea bag tab) - and as a special bonus, there is a cat. He really wanted to know what the hell I was doing stacking stuffed tea cups on boxes in his favorite window.


The more I crochet, the more I notice that a fair number of the patterns for sale on Etsy seem to be modified versions of patterns available for free in various places on the internet. This seems at once fair and...I don't know...a bit silly. Then again maybe its just that there are only so many ways to achieve the same effect.
Of course who am I to complain, I tend to figure things out from photos.

4 comments:

TotusMel said...

very cute & you're right about the free patterns vs modified ones for sale. I prefer to figure it out myself too, unless I'm feeling lazy!

. c h o k l i t . said...

So cute. What's de name of de kitteh?

Sarah Dungan said...

Kitty is Jack (Jack jack when I am snuggling him and Jackson if he's being bad hehe)

Oh and the box was a gift from CognitiveCreations :-)

Wenchie said...

That is very cool!